14th Belgium Beer Fest

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by Vicolette, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Beer lovers unite for the 14th annual beer festival August 31 - September 2 at the Market Place of Brussels. Sample over 350 Belgian beers from 51 breweries along with delectable gourmet chocolates, fine cheese, and tapas selections. Festivities begin at 6pm on Friday, and 11am on Saturday and Sunday.

2. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

I just love the food scene in Brussels. The country as a whole has embraced the eat local, eat gourmet food scene, and there are some really great things going on there. Beer has been a tradition since the middle ages, so I'm not surprised that Brussels has a successful beer festival. Of course, I still like the waffles and fries cooked in butter when I'm there. :)

3. borisD

borisD New Member

Best beer festival in Belgium

I have been to Brussels beer fest last couple of years but this year I plan to head Copenhagen's beer celebration on May 3-4. I know this beer festival won't compare to the Brussels' one but I've been itching to vacation in Copenhagen for a while now (it looks like such a lovely city). Btw, there are few other beer fests worth checking in Belgium like Sohier’s 3-day beer festival on Feb 22 – 24.

4. travelman12

travelman12 New Member

avoid Brussels Beer Fest

I'd avoid heading to the beer fest in Brussels for a couple of reasons: 1) it gets super crowed, 2) fights tend occur because of it. Of course, it's not surprising since it's a beer fest and alcohol tends to bring the worst out of some people. Having said this, you can still enjoy a good beer fest in Belgium without the hassle by heading to the winksele beerfest or the vilvordia bierproeffestival.