2012 Daytona 500

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Vicolette, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Rev up the engines cause it's almost that time again. February 26 marks the 54th running of the D-500 and as usual, it's going to be hot and I don't mean the temperature! Be there or be square for the main NASCAR racing event of the year. Be sure to bring your earplugs cause there's no sound like that of 40+ super-tuned cars whipping past you at speeds that will knock your socks off. Tickets are still available so make your plans to be at the Daytona International Speedway for a definite adrenalin rush.

2. cutetecu

cutetecu New Member

Daytona 500 restrictions

Feb 26th falls on Sunday..I can't wait for Day500 to come since it'll be my first time at the event! i was reading somewhere that they have restrictions on foods, is this true? will i be able to bring in my own food and drinks?

3. wantJok

wantJok New Member

permitted items at Daytona 500

oh yeah definitely..they will allow fans to bring their own foods to enjoy while watching the race but if you bring in a cooler make sure it's no larger than 14 x 14 x 14 inches. You can also bring a lightweight backpack, but it has to be less than 17 inches in length. They won;t let you in with big coolers, thermos, freezer/ice packets, strollers, umbrellas, skateboards, or pets.
    hope that helps!

4. doenhillRacer

doenhillRacer New Member

Danica Patrick at Daytona 500

I'd cheering for Danica Patrick at the Daytona 500...by the way she is the most awesome driver and she is a female...she has set several records for women drivers including becoming the first woman ever to lead the Indy 500

5. Sofardist

Sofardist New Member

women in racing

good point doenhillracer but there are plenty of women in racing with great ability such as Chrissy Wallace, Johanna, Angela and Amber Cope. However, the thing that really bugs me is that besides these women's ability behind the wheel of a race car, they need to look good (eye candy) to secure potential sponsorship..im pretty sure male drivers don;t have to look half as nice, do they?

6. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

When is the 2012 Daytona 500

I was wondering when the big race was coming. I thought it was coming soon. Thanks for posting this!

7. cookiejar

cookiejar New Member

Daytona 500 seats

I got tickets already...I paid for $119 for a seat to sit on the Superstretch but for around $680 you can seat on the Sprint Tower...may be next year, I was quite broke as it is. Either way, when you go to the Daytona 500 website you will be able to view what part of the track you can seat. Tickets are still available for most areas but it's better you get tickets now;)

8. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

So glad to see so many fans heading to the race! Tickets are still available but suggest you don't wait till the final hour if at all possible. Just an fyi, Lenny Kravitz is performing at the pre-race show on February 26 and if you've never seen the United States Air Force Thunderbirds, they will be in formation flying over the race track during the playing of the National Anthem. So impressive. Not sure who I'm rooting for but regardless of who gets the checkered flag, it's going to be a wild ride!