2013 Mardi Gras

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by d360, Jan 14, 2013.

1. d360

d360 Administrator

After the Superbowl Mardi Gras 2013 and the Parade will be happening. Many people people ask when is Mardi Gras and this year it will begin in late January and go through February 12th. Anyone plan to be there?

2. mr.queragui

mr.queragui New Member

People need to know that the actual Carnival is kicking-off a week earlier than usual because of the Super Bowl. I heard the parade will be split in two, with the 1st week of Carnival starting in January 25 instead of the usual date of February 1. The Super Bowl will be February 3, while Mardi Gras will be on February 12.

3. kidsiie

kidsiie New Member

Mardi Gras no compatible with NFL

LOL. Back in New Orleans, we don't call it Mardi Gras...it's only tourists and out of towners that still refer to it as Mardi Gras. I'll be heading out of NO this year to stay with family because of the Super Bowl, which will means hundreds of sports fan swamping the city. I don't understand why have Carnival and the Super Bowl at the same time when the Carnival tradition has been long before the NFL.

4. duncanKolo

duncanKolo New Member

Super Bowl is on Feb 3

The Super Bowl being scheduled right in between Mardi Gras season should not be a problem for non-sporting fans if they are only coming for the typical 5 day stay leading up to Fat Tuesday (which is Feb 12). Trust me buddy, I wouldn't be too worried about Super Bowl's fans going mad around New Orleans on Feb 12 because the Super Bowl will be on Feb 3 so most fans will be long gone before the parades kick-off.