3 days tour to Iquitos from Lima

Discussion in 'Peru' started by TravelPassion, Dec 16, 2012.

1. TravelPassion

TravelPassion New Member

I arrive in Lima at 5:30 am on Dec. 21. What should I do in order to do an Iquitos 3 day 2 nights tour and then return to Lima. Any recommendation regarding the tours to take. Do I need to take medical precaution before leaving for Lima on Dec. 20.

2. maypaul

maypaul New Member

tours from lima to iquitos

It's only 4 days to go, you should've planned this months in advance my friend...it's way too late. On that note, the options you have are: 1) booking a tour with a local operator when you arrive to Lima or 2) getting yourself to Iquitos and book a tour there. Plane will be the quickest way to get there and a typical flight from Lima to Iquitos is about 1 hour 15 minutes. Price-wise, you are looking at around $100 RT and the airlines that service this route are Aerocondor, Lan Peru, and Star Peru,

3. TravelPassion

TravelPassion New Member

Re: tours from lima to iquitos

Thank you maypaul. I will look into option 1 on arrival in Lima. Any tour operator that you recommend? If Iquitos is difficult to arrange, how about Nazca?

4. TravelPassion

TravelPassion New Member

Thank you maypaul. I will look into option 1 on arrival in Lima. Any tour operator that you recommend? If Iquitos is difficult to arrange, how about Nazca?

5. maypaul

maypaul New Member

popular tour operators in peru

What activities do you plan to do? Jungle trips, biking, rafting, climbing, or trekking? There are lots of good local tour operators like pacaya-samiria amazon lodge and tahuayo lodge in Iquitos, who offer jungle excursions, and amazonas explorer and sas travel, in Cusco, who offer trekking and rafting trips.

In Nazca, you have alegria tours and nasca trails, which is great if you want to do flights over nasca lines, paracas and ballestas islands.

6. derck

derck New Member

Yes, driving isn't really an option when ti comes to getting from Lima to Iquitos because of the lack of roads. Aside from flying you can catch a boat, though it seems to me you're on a tight schedule. Otherwise, the boating option to Iquitos is great and inexpensive if you don't mind travelling under pretty basic conditions, that is!

7. josepo

josepo New Member

handy precautions when traveling to Peru

I too second flying as it is still the better option and hassle free. As far as health is concern, definetly take your malaria tablets and yellow fever vaccination, especially if you plan to go into the jungle. Also, avoid drinking tap water and eating off stree vendors until your in peru for at least 6 weeks. It's be also a good idea to buy Aerosol o2 bottles or spend a few days outside of the capital because of altitude sickness. You will feel this the worse in Cuzco and Puno.