5 weeks around Germany

Discussion in 'Germany' started by mehakrain, Nov 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. mehakrain

mehakrain New Member

I'm planning to go to Prague, chiefly Germany, Wien and Budapest in January for 5 weeks. Some friends would also accompany me and we are keen to take many day-trips. What would it be the cheapest and easiest way to travel around? would buying Eurail pass help?

Any Help and thoughts on moving things around, etc, logistics will be greatly appreciated!!

2. Pagame

Pagame New Member

5 weeks to visit all those places won't be enough to really appreciate them. Honestly, you will be traveling from one place to the next and getting to see and do as much as you would if you did, lets say, 5 weeks in Germany alone. Can I ask the purpose of your trip? the Eurorail pass isn't always great but since you're planning to getting around many places, you will benefit greatly.

3. mehakrain

mehakrain New Member

Thanks Pagame, exploring Europe is all that's on my mind, but yes, I do realize I may end up spending too much time at airports and train stations with so many places to explore. so if I spend most of my time in Germany and few days at some other place, what do you suggest, which place would be feasible?

4. oceanomar

oceanomar New Member

dont bother with the eurail pass

I would advice against buying a eurail pass. Believe it or not, if you really want to save money it's best you check out the point to point ticket costs on bahn.de. The eurail pass is for a me a rip off and I dont see how it offers any savings. All you need to do is plan well and buy tickets in advance. Trust me, you will get very good prices...

5. shonal a

shonal a New Member

I have been to Germany, eurail pass seemed like an ideal option. Though there are cheaper options, but you know, it's more accesible