7 day Japan Trip

Discussion in 'Japan' started by yellowblast, Jan 27, 2009.

1. yellowblast

yellowblast New Member

Hi
    I am planning a trip to Japan for the first week in March. I am wondering if there are any specific suggestions of things to do and places to go for a one week trip. I want to see as much of Japan as possible, not just Tokyo. I am also trying to keep my costs as low as possible.
    Thanks for the help.

2. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

Hi there,

Excellent time to go to Japan as it is the start of the Japanese spring and the weather is warm. It is also a busy time as it is a holiday period for the locals so I would suggest to book everything well in advanced if you hadn’t done so.

While in Japan you must ride the bullet train. At speeds of 300km/h, it is amazingly fast and a trip between Kyoto and Tokyo takes less than two hours.

Try a Japanese traditional breakfast, visit Tokyo’s Imperial palace and the Kokyo Gardens.
    Have a look at this link for more information http://www.destination360.com/asia/japan/things-to-do

Hope this helps
    VacationBuddy

3. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

With beautiful beaches, incredible sights and the most advanced cities, Japan is an amazing country to live or have a wonderful vacation. My 12 days Japan vacation during 2006 was an unforgettable one, and my favourite city is Nagoya. Since there are many things to do & see, I think 7 days are not sufficient to have a comfortable Japan vacation, but you can visit the most popular attractions such as Japan Universal Studios, Mt. Fuji, Yokohama Hakkeijima Sea Paradise,Hiroshima and experience the most wonderful Japanese Hot Springs.

If you are planning for a budget trip then visit Japan flights page and compare the airfares to build your Japan vacation by yourself. You can find the lowest airfares in this section, so it is very easy to book your trip online or visit Suggested Itineraries page to get an idea on how to plan your Japan vacation. Tokyo is one of the most expensive cities in the world, so accommodation & other things will be expensive here, but other cities of Japan is quite affordable, so better not to stay at Tokyo and visit the other exciting places of Japan. Good luck & have a nice vacation in Japan!

4. yellowblast

yellowblast New Member

Hi!
    Thanks for your feedback. I did find a relatively cheap ticket and have unfortunately run into the problem of things being booked up. I wish I could spend more than a week, but my holiday is no more then than. I have decided to go to Tokyo, Hiroshima, Miyajma, Himeji, Kyoto, and Mount Fiju. I'll be a packed 7 days, but that's ok.