A tour company is now offering North Korea tours

Discussion in 'South Korea' started by mitraveler, Sep 3, 2012.

1. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Perhaps we should chalk this up to the "brave or crazy" file, but it's now possible to visit North Korea. I am not sure that I want to go, but it sure would be amazing to see one of the most isolated countries on earth. Would you go on a tour to North Korea?

2. turnover45

turnover45 New Member

Sure, I would consider it. North Korea isn't like the mainstream makes it out to be.."the most dangerous place on earth". Sorry, but I think that it isn't the case. North Korea is being another boogeyman for the US government for way too long.

3. precised5

precised5 New Member

is now possible to travel to North Korea

that's great to hear that North Korea is opening its doors...any ideas of the actual tour company offering the tours, prices, etc? Im looking to visit South Korea next year and would love to also visit the north. Anymore info would be appreciated.

4. udontget4

udontget4 New Member

death of Kim Jung Il

tours in North korea are possible because of the recent death of Kim Jung Il...however, just so you know that you won't be able to visit North Korea from Seoul because North and South Korea are still in a state of war. You'll have to go to travel to Beijing and pick up a guided tour there.

5. Torsewe

Torsewe New Member

touring North Korea

The two largest tour operators in North Korea are Koryo Tours and Korea Konsult, which is based in Sweden. Both of these operators are very popular options and their tour guides speak perfectly fluent in English, though the one thing I would say to anyone planning a trip to North Korea is that it's very expensive for non-Chinese citizens to get in (around $1200). However, once in the country you will find that food, transportation and pretty much everything is very cheap.

oh by the way,it is not possible to travel to North Korea from South Korea and vice versa.

6. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

I've heard about DPRK in the news, but I don't know anyone who has traveled with them, so I can't really recommend them, but they are out there. They include visas, transportation and other things in the tour. If you check on their website for details on prices and itineraries. It looks like the trips cost between $2000 and $3000. Some include a trip to South Korea.