Aarhus or Odense?

Discussion in 'Denmark' started by lies11, Jan 14, 2010.

Tags:
  1. lies11

lies11 New Member

Dear readers,

I have a question about Odense and Aarhus. I'm going on an student exchange to Denmark in August this year and will be working in one of these cities, Aarhus or Odense.

I have to opportunity to choose amongst the two cities, but I don't know which city is more fun to stay. Can you give me some information about the two cities and some advice about where to go?

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

Hi there,

Both of these cities have a large student population so you can't go wrong with either of them.

Having said this, I would say that Aarthus has a reputation as one of the best places in Denmark to grab a drink, and the city teems with a vibrant nightlife and many things to do. For instance, alongside the Aarhus Creek you will find all kinds of bars and cafes.

3. lies11

lies11 New Member

Thanks for the quick reply!

4. ehong8295

ehong8295 New Member

I went to go visit my Danish friend in Aarhus, and she seemed to think it was the next "happening" place in Denmark after Copenhagen. It was charming and there was a bit of a buzz at night. Definitely a large student population... I have never been to Odense, but I know that Aarhus is popular for the Danes when they leave for schools within Denmark...