absolutely must see/do in in Budapest

Discussion in 'Hungary' started by Driospo90, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Driospo90

Driospo90 New Member

Budapest is not a massively huge city but there are lots of things to be seen and do, which you can easily do on foot or on the surface Trams and the underground metro. A few things I would suggest incude: the K&K Opera, Budapest castle, Margit Island, Parliament and Central Market Hall.

2. unkle77

unkle77 New Member

one of the most overlooked things about Budapest is the city's beauty, which you can enjoy from many places like the top of Gellert Hill, Fishermen’s Bastion, Danube Promenade and Janos Hill. I'd also suggest taking a Danube cruise for beautiful panoramic views of both Buda and Pest.If money is no problem, take also a helicopter tour for a bird's eye view of the city.

3. RoyaleCasion

RoyaleCasion New Member

I've been to Europe many times and Budapest remains my favorite city on the European continent above Paris, Rome and even London. Soaking in a Turkish bath in Hungary is a must, as well as walking along the Chain Bridge. There are also wine cellars and underground caves that you can tour though this is definitely not for the claustrophobic!