Accomodation advise for Sochi 2014 Olympics

Discussion in 'Russia' started by VacationBuddy, Sep 24, 2013.

Tags:
  1. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

Don't be scammed into paying over the odds for a hotel room. I am hearing some people have been quoted in excess of $600 per night at some of the hotels in Krasnaya Polyana. Be in the know that hotels in Russia cannot charge extortionate amounts of money like $600 per night, even during events like Sochi 2014 Olympics!

According to the federal legislation of hotels in Russia a single room in a 1*/ 2* hotel cannot cost more than $100 (3,000 rubles) per night. A room in a 3* hotel no more than $300, and a room in a 5* hotel no more than $500.

2. haydays

haydays New Member

I am seeing alot of people panicking to book accommodation and paying too much....if I was you I would wait to book rooms after hotels release the rooms that weren’t utilized by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) so you get a decent room at a decent price.

3. GereIam

GereIam New Member

Regarding accommodation for Sochi Olympics, I heard that cruise liners will be turning some of the their fleets into floating hotels for the duration of the Sochi Winter Olympics. Prices will start at around 110 euros a day for a three-star rated double cabin...anyone considering this option?

4. queengurads

queengurads New Member

Accommodation is in short supply but the new hotels like Solis Sochi Hotel and Solis Sochi Suites still have availability during the Paralympics, 7-16 March.