Actor Josh Duhamel shills for his home state

Discussion in 'North Dakota' started by wanderer, Feb 9, 2014.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Actor, wife of Fergie, and native of North Dakota (Minot), Josh Duhamel is inviting people to come visit his home state. The ads, running in neighboring states, Canadian provinces, and online, have been a hit from the get-go. With more than 3.5 million Facebook fans and nearly 1 million Twitter followers, Duhamel already had a big following, and they're listening to him talk about North Dakota.

Seems like a smart move to me. Which actors would you like to see inviting people to visit?

2. Hkopo09

Hkopo09 New Member

If I read well, he is inviting people to his house? There's a always some trend among celebrities doing stuff like that. if I remember well, Jennifer Lopez, Eva Longoria Parker and Gwen Stefani did something similar.

3. dadeekane

dadeekane New Member

Not quite...he did a TV ad campaign for North Dakota Tourism where he invites people to see the state where he is from. He is of course getting paid for doing that. I don't think it's something he would do just like that unless he wasn't being approached my marketers.

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

I bet average people are not welcome at the their house, with the new baby and all. :)

I've seen a lot of commercials on cable for California just packed with celebs. I am not sure who all of them are, because I'm getting old. But I did recognize Betty White. LOL.