Admission Price at Disneyworld

Discussion in 'Florida' started by wanderer, Jun 4, 2013.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

It's getting more expensive to visit Disneyworld. It's now $95 a day to visit the Magic Kingdom for anyone over the age of 10.

It's not really news that things are getting more expensive, but do you think this will be the straw that breaks the camel's back? I suspect not, but that's expensive to visit the http://www.destination360.com/north-america/us/florida/orlando/magic-kingdom-park.

2. Nofear333

Nofear333 New Member

nearly 100 bucks to get in Disneyworld, which is the most overrated attraction in the world! Hiking prices for Disney's theme parks have become an annual tradition of theirs, even though they dont offer anything new worth going for.

3. The Travel Slut

The Travel Slut 6 continents, 87 countries & 64 cruises so far

Questions.

How much did you pay for your last big name concert ticket for 2 hours of entertainment of something you can do for free or a few dollar with a simple download?

How much did you pay for your last big sporting event ticket for a few hours of entertainment?

How much did you pay for your last ski lift ticket at ski resort area?

All in all, the $ spent on a Disney ticket for 12+ (or more) hours in a safe, fun environment and with all the fun things to do @ WDW that don't cost anything,, it is a good deal unless you don't like to be taken away in your mind.

MODERATOR.....any reason why my last detailed post here has not been posted yet?

4. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

hey Ann, when did you post it? I can't see on my end any other recent post from you aside, from this one. Do you mind posting it again? I'll make sure it gets allowed. Thanks

5. The Travel Slut

The Travel Slut 6 continents, 87 countries & 64 cruises so far

Hi again.

I wrote a long reply "off the top of my head" on 06/04 and I outlined some things I have done and experienced at Disneyworld the past few months since I had been there 4 times in 6 weeks. I won't try to re write it from memory here. I covered a few points above.

Suffice to say, that there are savings on tickets that are available to not only Florida residents but anyone that is looking forward to experience Disney.

Yes, the one-day ticket for someone walking up to a ticket booth can seem expensive but refer to my other examples above for comparison. What did you pay last time in Las Vegas for a dinner show for a meal and 2 hours of entertainment?

Buying a park hopper or park hopper plus pass ($159) for Florida residents as an example allow unlimited access to all Disney parks for either an unlimited time or in a 14 day period. There are different programs that can save significant money for Disney-goers if one researches specials.

Plus, Disney is more than 4 theme parks and 2 water parks. So much can be experienced that does not cost anything from Downtown Disney to resort hopping watching fireworks from the Contemporary Resort rooftop to riding the monorail around Bay Lake and/or to Epcot etc.

If someone is not a true Disneyphile, perhaps they should not go to Disney. Disney is so much more than a few big rides in each theme park. Just my 2 cents.

6. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Yep, that's a hefty price especially for multi-family members but it includes hours of entertainment versus just a couple. The option for Florida residents to pay monthly for annual, seasonal, premium or weekday passes versus a lump sum enables more folks to visit the park. That was a smart move.

Orlando draws a lot of traffic from Florida residents as well as US and international tourists so I don't see the park closing. I remember when it first opened. Times sure have changed