Airfare to Honduras?

Discussion in 'Honduras' started by Heath, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Heath

Heath New Member

I'm trying to book a trip from the US to Honduras in December, and airfare seems to be $700-800. That seems really expensive to me, does anyone have any tips for me? I've checked airfare for several airports and dates and it's all expensive. The main reason for my trip is diving in Utila, but would like to travel to Tikal and into Belize as well if I have time. Thanks!

2. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

Are you flying out from the west, east coast? Several major American airlines offer flights to Honduras arriving in San Pedro Sula such as American Airlines, Delta, and Continental Airlines. Either way, the airports at the capital Tegucigalpa and San Pedro Sula are the best bets for finding cheap air fare to Honduras.

I'd also recommend booking your flight to depart either very early in the morning or late night during midweek (i.e. Wednesday). You'll be surprised what a difference that can make! Use our airfare search widget to find the best deals.

To get to Utila, your best bet is either to get a flight or ferry departing from La Ceiba. Also, be sure to book your accommodation in Utila in advance so, you don't find yourself wandering around looking for a place to stay.