Airlines that fly to Hawaii

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by wanderer, Mar 4, 2012.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

While we were talking about flights to Hawaii, I thought it would be good to talk about the airlines that fly there. The list of flights to Hawaii includes the major airlines: Delta, United, American and of course Hawaiian Airlines go to the islands. Do you have any others to add to the list?

2. GiftWrapper33

GiftWrapper33 New Member

fly to Hawaii

Delta, United, and Continental are the best carriers to use for flying to Hawaii, though Delta is my favorite because their planes have a beautiful 777-style interior and seats are comfy. If you want Economy Plus, fly United. If you want a personal TV, fly Continental. If you want laptop power on any seat, fly Delta.

3. EtroAnime

EtroAnime New Member

fly Hawaiian Airlines

I prefer Hawaiian Airlines because they have a perfect safety record and since they're based in Honolulu you may as well go with them. But in terms of costs, I'd suggest flying on American Airlines because it belongs to the same alliance as British Airways.

4. some-some

some-some New Member

been flying American Airlines

I have been flying American Airlines back and forth to/from the mainland about 12 times a year for the past 10 years and i think they're great. however, if you're looking for airlines from the mainland that don't charge $150 as a change fee it's best you go with Alaska Airline.

5. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

That's good to hear about your experiences. I haven't flown Hawaiian, but I've heard they're really great.

6. heavytraveler

heavytraveler New Member

Rumor has it that Southwest will be flying to Hawaii soon. Not sure when or if its true, but if it is, you know it will be cheap :)

7. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

That wouldn't surprise me that Southwest is looking to add new routes. They're one of the few airlines that is doing well. Lots of people want to go to Hawaii, so if they could keep the costs down out of Los Angeles, I think Southwest could do really well.

8. fore1

fore1 New Member

New ones are Alaska and Allegiant

9. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

I've heard that Allegiant has really good fares. How's their service?

10. fore1

fore1 New Member

I haven't had a chance to fly Allegiant but there prices are pretty low

11. michael_23

michael_23 New Member

I haven't gone to Hawaii yet but I'm looking forward to visit this beautiful place soon.