Airlines to Taveuni

Discussion in 'Fiji' started by dght34, Jun 24, 2008.

1. dght34

dght34 New Member

Going from Perth to Fiji next weekend. Staying at Nadi for 3 nights and planning to fly to Taveuni. Looking for info. on airlines to Taveuni and the the cost of the ticket from Nadi to Taveuni. Anyone had a trip before, if so please advice. thanks.

2. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

Taveuni is a wonderful place and called as "Jewel of Fiji", "Garden Isle" etc., From Nadi to Taveuni, the airtime takes 1 hour 10 minutes and the airfare is $111.00 each way. Sunflower airlines operates scheduled flights between Nadi and Taveuni, however just have a look on Fiji Airlines page for more details.

3. dght34

dght34 New Member

thanks Andrew, sounds good but the airfare is expensive for a short stay, anyway i booked the ticket. can you help on some wonderful beaches in the Taveuni Island, i'm a beach goer & lover.whenever I go to any destination, i never miss the popular beaches of the place I visit. thanks again:)

4. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

Due to long distance the airfare may expensive but it's worth to visit the most beautiful island. Taveuni has wonderful beaches with fine black sand and it's great for swimming, snorkelling and diving. As far as I know the best beach is at Lavena, and many of my friends visited this beach often and also there are many small beaches in Matei. Even you can have the Lavena coastal walk which starts at Lavena village and follows the southeastern coastline of Taveuni, ending at the Wainabau Waterfalls. Explore some of the most beautiful beaches of Fiji and enjoy your trip!

5. ert13

ert13 New Member

hey, what is KAVA, is it a drink or party?

6. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

Fiji's national drink kava is a type of a tea which is made from the roots of kava plant. It's called as Yaqona in Fijian dining and served during social functions in a coconut shell cup. Actually it is prepared from the bare root of a pepper tree, pounded into a fine powder and mixed with fresh water. It doesn't have alcohol and keep your body fresh. Just try kava during your Fiji Island trip.

7. mrjones

mrjones New Member

I had Kava several times during my visit to Fiji and i'm not sure i like the taste but it is good to health and very famous in Fiji.. try it may be you like it.

8. ert13

ert13 New Member

How far is Lautoka from Nadi,which transportation easy? bus or taxi? how much does it cost? Thanks.

9. mrjones

mrjones New Member

hello,yoou can get to Lautoka by bus within 45mins from Nadi.bus is easier than a taxi and the taxi rental charge comes around F$30 but the bus fare would be about F$10 (US$6), so better choose the bus trip.