Airport Yoga?

Discussion in 'Flights' started by wanderer, Jan 26, 2013.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

It's stressful to fly, we're not going to lie, but now two airports have opened yoga rooms just for passenger relaxation. The first opened at the San Francisco airport in 2012, along with bicycle assembly areas, music playing in the security line, and stations for emptying and then filling up water bottles. The second yoga room has been installed at the Dallas-Fort Worth airport.

2. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

This is a great idea. It's amazing to me how stressful it can get at the airport with the lines, delays and such. I like that San Francisco is doing what it can to make things more comfortable in security. It makes perfect sense to have a place where you can dump out your water bottle before security and a place to fill it up after. I wish more airports would do this.

3. 90okj

90okj New Member

TSA need to do Yoga at the airport

I first heard of airport yoga rooms when arriving at San Francisco international airport, and I gotta say I thought it was aprils fools. I was told that these yoga rooms are meant to improve the passenger experience, and I can see how. After a grueling session with a tsa officer, you will no doubt need a yoga session as well as a therapists.

4. ferrorman

ferrorman New Member

Looks like a pathetic attempt by airport authorities to humanize and de-stress the unpleasantness of air travel. However, yoga rooms at airports won't do it. What they need to do is remove the dreaded TSA, reduce air travel prices, etc. Now, the thought of that already de-stresses me.

5. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Here here, ferrorman! It seems like cutting down on prices would ease the stress! And the lines too!