Ajanta Caves tour

Discussion in 'India' started by dontravolga, Jun 22, 2010.

1. dontravolga

dontravolga New Member

hey guys, has anyone tour the Ajanta Caves before can tell me what is like? How far are they from Mumbai and are they easy to get to?

thanks

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

hi there,

The Ajanta Caves are located over one hundred miles northeast of Mumbai. You can reach the Ajanta Caves by air, rail or road.

If you can afford it, flying will be the most convenient and quickest, with the nearest airport to Ajanta caves located in Aurangabad.

Taking a sleeper night train is more affordable. There are two trains that depart daily from Mumbai to Aurangabad.

There are around 30 caves in all with exotic paintings illustrating the life and incarnations of Buddha. The carvings and the paintings of the Ajanta caves are still in a good condition, so you will definitely enjoy watching these great historical pieces of art.

Lastly, if you're planning on taking an Ajanta Caves tour, consider booking a tour package that also includes visiting other nearby caves such as Ellora caves.

These tour vacation packages normally include your transportation, foods, and accommodation and can work out better.

3. blueinsure

blueinsure New Member

They are really nice, I had a chance to go there and it went really good. You can hire a car and go by road too. I became kind of spiritual there.. lol