Alabama roadtrips

Discussion in 'Alabama' started by mitraveler, Mar 18, 2012.

1. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

The Alabama Tourism Office is putting together a number of road trip itineraries that showcase everything from the beaches to the Civil Rights and culinary delights. Visit http://www.alabama.travel/road-trips-and-trails/ for more. What's your favorite road trip?

2. Sarakenko

Sarakenko New Member

NE section of the I-59

The NE section of the I-59 between Chattanooga TN and Birmingham AL is my favorite route because this section runs through the beautiful foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. The highlights of this route besides the gorgeous mountain scenery are being able to stop by the Little River Canyon National Preserve and the Noccalula Falls.

3. Ultimatum22

Ultimatum22 New Member

I-59 runs across the heart of Alabama

I second that Sarakenko! The south west section of the I-59 is also lovely to ride...in the summer, I often ride my motorcycle from Birmingham to Meridian in Mississippi and never get bored of the charming scenery of the flat farmland. Some 'places of interest' to consider stopping on this route are the Tannehill State Park and the Moundville Archaeological Park.

4. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Those all sound great! For some reason, I've always enjoyed the trip through Eufala. I don't know why...but I love all of the lakes and big old houses. It always seems like things are a bit more scenic in Alabama.

5. mdavid

mdavid New Member

Visiting the Alabama Hills and the Noccalula Falls is one of my life's best experiences:)

6. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

I've been through Alabama several times. Couple of times by car taking the back roads going through small cities and eating at mom and pop restaurants along the way and once to Talladega Speedway. Don't remember the actual routes but the state is lovely with lots of friendly people.

7. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

What a delightful list of road trips! It's fun to take the back roads, whether you're traveling by car or motorcycle. I know some friends of mine today their bike through northern Alabama, and they love to stop in Dothan, the Peanut Capital. It's pretty cute there, I must agree.

Thanks for putting in your two cents!