Albania is safe for tourists

Discussion in 'Albania' started by hermandaz, Apr 26, 2013.

1. hermandaz

hermandaz New Member

Albania gets a pretty bad rep for robberies, crime, etc, and most people think of the country as an unsafe place to be. I can tell you that Albania is absolutely safe and welcoming to tourists, but like everywhere do not display lots of cash and make trouble with the locals. Aside from that, do not be afraid to ask people for help as they usually help.

2. Pagame

Pagame New Member

I think Albania is perceived as dangerous just like the other places around the world because there isn't a tourism structure or small colonies of english speaking expats. I wouldn't say Albania is more dangerous than new zealand. At least I didn't get that feeling when I was there...I think it depends on who you are and where you come from. You will get a lot of attention and stares in Albania if you stand out in any shape or form.

3. SeriusBlaxk

SeriusBlaxk New Member

Lol, I read somewhere not too long ago that albania is supposed to be the most dangerous country in europe, which sounded a bit too unreal. I think the reason they say this about albania is because when george bush visited, apparently he got his wristwatch stolen.

4. Ecotripsos

Ecotripsos New Member

Albania is totally safe I'll say. Because I hitch-hiked the whole country and all I experienced was people helping me, changing their route to take me to the exact spot I was going, and offering food and accommodation. They like travelers, I conclude.