American Queen Mississippi River Cruises

Discussion in 'Tennessee' started by wanderer, Aug 11, 2011.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

River cruising is returning to the Mighty Miss! This elegant way of travel, associated with Mark Twain and the romance of the 19th century, is making its comeback.

The American Queen Mississippi River Cruises, based in Memphis, the company announced plans to bring back river cruises to the Mississippi River.

The elegant American Queen Riverboat, a Victorian-style vessel, will return to the waters in 2012 offering overnight excursions and full overnight packages. The boat has been out of commission since 2008.

More details will be release soon, and I'll post them here.

2. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

The first cruises are booking now for spring 2012. The link for the Memphis article isn't clickable, so I'll post it again here for the Memphis article.

3. onlyyou

onlyyou New Member

Queen of the Mississippi River

the American Queen Steamboat cruise along the Miss. River is a classic! I think it's an excellent cruise for first timers that have not done much traveling outside of the United States. Also, the American Queen is the largest paddle wheel steamship ever built featuring over 200 staterooms that can accommodate up to 500 passengers.

4. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Oh my, the cruise looks awesome. I've only traveled by land in Mississippi but to see it while cruising down the river instead of the interstate would be outstanding. Definitely would want one of those lovely staterooms with a veranda so I could soak up all the atmosphere of the Mississippi.