Amtrak discount train tickets?

Discussion in 'Travel News' started by wanderer, Mar 30, 2012.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Is there a way to find Amtrak discount train tickets? The prices aren't too bad on the amtrak website, but I'm wondering if there are more places to get them for Amtrak.

2. Loogle

Loogle New Member

AAA Amtrak discount

if you sign up with the American Automobile Association (AAA) you can...as a member, you and your immediate family will get 10% discount on the lowest available adult rail fare for Amtrak travel. By the way, seniors and kids between 2 and 15 years do get 50% off on standard adult fair on most trains.

3. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

That's a great way to save on Amtrak. It costs me $80 a year to be a member, and then you get the famous road service. They changed my tire on the highway on Labor Day and that was worth every penny!

4. Qaretop

Qaretop New Member

Where to find Amtrak specials

The first place I would suggest looking for deals is on Amtrak's "latest promotions" and "weekly specials" pages, which features some good deals from Tuesday through Friday each week. Most specials are categorized by region and deals change weekly, so you gotta keep checking. Most special deals are between 20%-30% off, though I once found an offer of 50% off so it pays to check.

5. karlinlee

karlinlee New Member

We've found so many Amtrak discounts that we're segmenting them by region. You're likely to find discounts for most popular routes with two gaping exceptions: There aren't many discounts for the east-to-west cross-country routes, and there aren't many discounts specifically for New York City.

6. albimorkel

albimorkel New Member

Hi I am Martina
    That's an excellent way to preserve on Amtrak. It expenses me $80 a season to be a participant, and then you get the popular street assistance. They modified my wheel on the street on Work Day and that was value every penny!That's an excellent way to preserve on Amtrak.

7. albimorkel

albimorkel New Member

Hello
    The first position I would recommend looking for offers is on Amtrak's "latest promotions" and "weekly specials" webpages, which functions some discounted prices from Wednesday through Saturday each week