Angry Birds Theme Park now open

Discussion in 'Finland' started by wanderer, Aug 22, 2012.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

The birds and green piggies have now appeared in the rel world. As you may know, Rovio Entertainment, the company that makes the game, is based in Finland. That's where the first Angry Birds theme park is located. It's one of the theme worlds at the Sarkanniemi Amusement Park. It also has dolphin shows and plenty of kids games and fun. They're all located in Tampere, the second busiest airport in Finland behind Helsinki.

2. breet

breet New Member

great news i want to go there but cant get time yet.

3. onlyyou

onlyyou New Member

worth visiting Angry Birds?

i thought Finland opened the first one but I found out that China was the first country to open one....still, for what im hearing Angry Birds Land is big deal and is taking Finland by storm. anyways, isn't the themepark for kids? Im not sure if I'd travel all the way to Finland to go to it...dunno, maybe one day.

4. PetterErstad

PetterErstad New Member

Looking forward to visit it :)

5. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

I love that I couldn't spell "real world." Anyway, there is a theme park open in Johor Bahru, which is a part of Malaysia. I know the company wanted to open more theme parks, including at their home base of Finland, plus playgrounds and other fun stuff. I don't see a lot of evidence out there that they've actually opened anything else. Has anyone heard about the parks actually opening? Maybe the company put their money into making the movie.

ABA_Character_Chuck_keyart_pose.png
    Photo: Rovio