anniversary trip in hawaii

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by AmazingGrace, Jan 14, 2011.

1. AmazingGrace

AmazingGrace New Member

My husband and I want to travel to Hawaii this summer for our anniversary. have you got any great tricks for cheap airfare? (We'll travel from Indianapolis, Indiana.)

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

First off, congratulations on the anniversary!

I would suggest booking now for your trip. With this awful economy, there are great deals to be had so what you wan to be doing is reading reviews on the airlines (D360 forum is good places to start).

Second, there are deals to be had if you book everything together (like car rental, hotel, flights), but this isn't always the case so be sure to work it out first.

Third, you need to check for prices every few days on flight comparison sites for 2-3 weeks before you're due to leave. Trust me this method works wonders!

This worked for me...I was checking a fare for a trip to Egypt which was $710 for weeks. Then, the day I booked, I checked in the morning, then on a whim I checked before bed and it was down to $476. Same day! Can you believe that?

Good luck to you! From what I've heard (from this forum, especially), you will have a wonderful adventure.