Annual International Orchid Festival

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Vicolette, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Orchid enthusiasts who'll be in the Coral Gables area can enjoy the upcoming orchid festival being held at the Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden March 8 through March 10. Peruse more than 10,000 plants, enjoy delicious food and live entertainment, and stop by for tea and scones in the Orchid Tea Room. Coral Gables is less than a 20-minute drive from Miami.

2. joneathome

joneathome New Member

I visited Fairchild garden last autumn with visiting family and we loved it. It was my first time in the garden too, even I have been living in Miami for years. I was really impressed with the garden size and variety of plants to look at.

I'd be sure to pass by the Fairchild this March...thanks for posting;)

3. DonaWeko

DonaWeko New Member

the the Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden is a hidden gem that Miami locals keep to themselves. I do recommend going there in the spring or autumn because it can get hot during the summer months.

4. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

I've visited the USF Botanical Gardens in Tampa several times. Another of those hidden gems. :) I love orchids and the Fairchild festival would be worth the drive to see all those lovely blooms!