Antarctica was a dream come true

Discussion in 'Antarctica' started by reclacem, May 22, 2014.

1. reclacem

reclacem New Member

Coming to Antarctica was a dream come true for me and my best friend. We signed up 3 years ago, but we couldn't get on it right away, so we had to be on a waiting list. My advice is to sign up for it a year in advance to give yourself a good chance. It will cost you a small fortune (~$3,000) per person and it will take a two-hour flight from Punta Arenas in the south of Chile to get to Antarctica.

2. RobertKelly

RobertKelly New Member

flying across the Drake

I heard that the Drake Passage between South America and Antarctica gets seriously rough...I guess flying would be a better option. It seems there are flights from Punta Arenas (Chile) that land on the Antarctic Peninsula, where you then are herded into a normal ship...either way you ended up doing the traditional Antarctica cruise.

3. FelipeHerxx

FelipeHerxx New Member

I'd love going to Antarctica just to see the emperor penguins...I saw this documentary on TV and these penguins are like 4 feet tall and 100 lbs in weight. It would be nice to explore on foot and not just be on the ship. Going all the way there and paying all that money, I would expect that.