any expats in Chile?

Discussion in 'Chile' started by loadingBord, Dec 17, 2010.

  1. loadingBord

    loadingBord New Member

    I have two questions: 1)is it hard to get a visa or a working permit? 2)Do I need to speak Spanish and is it important to speak the local language?
  2. Danny

    Danny Moderator

    You don't need to get a visa to get into Chile, though you have to pay a fee of $120 for the them to stamp your passport and get through immigration, and the card doesn't expire until your passport does. If you plan to work, you'll need to get a temporary visa, which isn't very difficult to get if you have all the necessary paperwork.

    Regarding language, you don't have to be fluent in Spanish, but having a fair understanding of it will take you a long way there, especially if you plan to travel independently, trust me!. Otherwise, if you hire a tour guide, you should be fine.:)

Share This Page