Anyone going to Hedo in June 2012?--I am with a group again...

Discussion in 'Jamaica' started by The Travel Slut, Apr 9, 2012.

1. The Travel Slut

The Travel Slut 6 continents, 87 countries & 64 cruises so far

Our 6th Annual Group Trip Rendezvous Adventure to the wonderfully, wicked-wild all-inclusive Hedonism II resort in Negril from June 16-24, 2012.

It would be great to meet up with any other Destination 360 members.

Our "krewe" will be the biggest and best group there and we are always welcoming to newcomers. I have more details for anyone interested. :)

2. Channel4

Channel4 New Member

Hedo II in Negril

Hedo 2 is definitely on my bucket list but not sure about getting stark *** naked in front of people...is hedo actually a swingers resort? what about people, atmosphere, rooms etc? are people nice?

3. The Travel Slut

Hedo II has both a clothing (sometimes called "prude") side where clothing optional is the norm and it also has a nude-only side where clothing is not allowed except for walk-thrus.

Some guests start off on the prude side but within a day or so are comfortable on the nude side also.

Hedo is NOT just a swingers resort unless it happens to be sold out for a week to groups that cater to that lifetyle. Other times, it is a mix of international guests, guests seeking all-inclusive and clothing optional, no-hassle vacation and holiday time or like me---I organize and take a group every June to Hedo as a mid-year break from the norm and many group members also go to Fantasy Fest every Halloween in Key West, Florida and love a reason to get costumed up and have fun in the sun and party at night.

There is an certain energy and openness at Hedo not found at other resorts but the best thing going is that people can choose what to do, when to do it, where to do it, who to do it with and how to do it--or do nothing at all and it is always the right decision. Drink when thirsty, sleep when tired, eat when hungry, be active or not, and it is truly a no-brainer holiday for many that go. There must be good reasons why Hedo has over an 85% return guest rate--Me?--June 16-24 will be my 8th time to Hedo and 6th time with my group which is open to all....

4. jamesdone

jamesdone New Member

going to Hedo in June

Can't wait for my second trip to Hedo (2nd-8th june)...it's been almost 8 years since I last went there with a few friends though this time I'll be going with my wife so not the same. Still, I'll be looking forward to some sunshine, the bottie contest and the people, though not so much the whole naked thing (lol)..btw, have you been to Hedo in Jan or November? is it much busier?

5. The Travel Slut

June is a great month....but Nov-April are very busy and sometimes the resort is sold out.

If you have been gone for 8 years, you will discover that much is the same and a few changes--all good though.

Check out the new theme nights and amenities. My yahoo and flickr groups have lots of info and 100's of photos....

Save me some champagne.

Take care, travel safe and have safe fun! :)

6. The Travel Slut

Anyone have Hedonism II on their bucketlist?

or is any Destination 360 member plan to be there or visit in June 2013?

I am returning for my 8th trip and the 7th Annual Group Trip to Negril, Jamaica and the newly-sold Hedonism II resort from June 22-29, 2013 with the same rates as 2012.

This is my favorite all-inclusive and clothing optional resort in the world and if it is not already, it should be on everyone's bucketlist.

Feel free to ask any questions about the resort and I'll try to answer objectively and from my personal experiences.

There is lots of info online but having 1st person dialogue is most helpful.

Looking forward to seeing you there or having you join up.....

Ann,TheTravelSlut
    http://www.hedonism.com/events/krewe-de-krazy-life-week/

7. Huiolo

Huiolo New Member

Re: Anyone have Hedonism II on their bucketlist?

I've never been to Hedoism II but my understanding is that Hedoism II being going since the 80's, right? if so, why do they still call Hedonism II? Shouldn't it called Hedonism XXIII? just wondering..

8. The Travel Slut

There never was a Hedonism 1.....Hedonism II in Negril, Jamaica evolved from a resort that was sold back in the late 1970's.

The new and unique aspects of Hedonism II were received well by guests and created a return guest rate between 80-85% and then prompted the creation of sister resort, Hedonism III, in Runaway Bay, Jamaica.

Due to the worldwide economic issues, Hedonism III closed in August 2010 leaving only Hedonism II.

With the sale of Hedonism II complete now and the new owners committed to making it the most special resort in the Caribbean, expect large numbers of guests and many more sell out weeks.

9. d360

d360 Administrator

Hi Ann,

Can you post some pictures here upon your return or even prior year? It would be great to give D360 users a picture of what its like. I spent a couple weeks in Jamaica in December and loved it. No Hedo but I did enjoy Negril. Here's a Negril Virtual Tour. We will be posting a complete update to our Jamaica travel guide in March/April. I'm off to Revelstoke in a few hours to work on a ski resort guide.

10. Angelas

Angelas New Member

Hedonism II age group

I haven't been to hedo but heard fab stuff about it..is it true that anything goes there like when you want it and who you want it with kind of thing? I'm in my late 40's so I'm probably too old for it? what age groups and demographics go to hedo?

11. The Travel Slut

Re: Hedonism II age group

I've only been to Hedo 8 times so I certainly don't have all the answers but I can tell you of personal experiences and observations and reliable sources.

And what you may have heard or read can be summed up with Hedo's 85% return guest rate which is almost an industry leader.

As for the "anything goes" idea regarding other guests....no it is NOT a free for all and not a 24/7 orgy.

Hedo prides itself in its free-spirit attitude with 24/7 food, drinks, entertainment and promotes a live and let live atmosphere whereby if no one gets upset, hurt, offended....que sera, sera. To many, Hedo means sleep when tired, eat when hungry, drink when thirsty, relax whenever, be active or passive because it is all about what you want, or not want, to do. Much like the mantra of Key West and that is why my group is comprised of so many people that love Key West and Fantasy Fest.

As for age demographics, much depends on what groups are there at any given time....some groups have been going for 20+ years and there average guest age will be significantly higher than other newer groups.

My group has people in their 20's and 60's with an average probably age 50.

I hope that helps.

Ann, TS

12. The Travel Slut

Hi again Dan...

I would be more than happy to upload my photos for Hedonism II, Negril, and Jamaica but I need your help to explain how do I remove some of my previous older attachments because my space allotment is so small.

Normally I would just refer people to my Hedo Group in my personal pages but if you'd like me to create a Jamaica/Hedo album, let me know how and I'll get right on it.

Also, I will post another detailed Hedonism II trip report upon my return in late June.

Thanks!
    Ann, TS

13. The Travel Slut

Who else plans to enjoy Negril's beaches @ Hedonism II resort?

If I had more space here, I'd post some photos here on the beaches around Negril and specifically at the all inclusive Hedonism II resort but I can't so you can only see them in my Flickr photo pages & groups and/or my personal Yahoo! Group devoted to my annual trip to Negril,Jamaica.

If anyone is going June 22-29, 2013, I'll see you there and if anyone has any questions, I have been 8 times in the past few years and I can try to answer your inquiries.

14. Hkopo09

Hkopo09 New Member

Re: Who else plans to enjoy Negril's beaches @ Hedonism II resort?

Norman Manley Sea Park Beach is easily the best beach in Negril, though closely followed by Coral Beach. Ever been to Negril Cliffs? I'd recommend it too because of the spectacular views...they're located to the West End of Negril in Jamaica. Btw, what's Hedonism II resort like? Never stayed there but heard of it..

15. The Travel Slut

Yes, Norman Manley Beach is excellent but I love the walk from Hedonism II to Margaritaville along Seven Mile Beach.

Yes, I have been to the Negril Cliffs, Rick's cafe and the cliffdivers, and some of the lesser known areas and venues only because I have been to Hedo some many times.

As for Hedo...it is an all inclusive beachfront resort with many options and none of the hassles. Any decision that you make...or not make...is the right one.

24/7 food, drinks, entertainment, no tipping and all in an no-hassle atmosphere and the choice to do it clothing optional or au naturale....

16. d360

d360 Administrator

Hi Ann,

Will PM you regarding images.

17. locknessmonst

locknessmonst New Member

You gotta love the white soft sand and warm clear water of Seven mile beach. I enjoyed some of the best beach walks there because this beach is so long. the beach is lined up with inns, all-inclusive resorts and cool bars where you can enjoy a drink like bar Kuaba and Grubby's shack.