arranging snowboarding lessons

Discussion in 'Ski Areas' started by apocalipto, Sep 1, 2010.

1. apocalipto

apocalipto New Member

hello,

Does anyone know if arranging snowboarding lessons at ski resorts is expensive than somewhere else?
    Also, how long does it take a beginner snowboarder to become comfortable on the slopes?

thanks

2. Danny

Danny Moderator

hiya,

I think ski resorts are the best places for arranging snowboarding lessons, specially if you are starting out.

Many of the lesson packages that the various ski resorts offer include snowboard equipment rentals, so you don't need to show up with your own gear. All you need is a willingness to learn and a little bit of patience.

How long it takes to get the basics depends on the individual but your instructor will be there to make sure that you master the basics, and after a few days you will begin to feel more comfortable on the snowboard, and even start trying snowboarding tricks.

3. oneillsamosa56

oneillsamosa56 New Member

worth booking snowboarding lessons

Take the ski lessons to grasp the basics... they are really worth it. It's like trying to learn to drive without knowing the basics... I see so many people who try to teach themselves or get friends to teach them. You can do it this way and still have fun, but with lessons you will minimize hurting yourself on falling down and develop good skills from the start.

4. supercharget

supercharget New Member

book snowboarding lessons

Personally after my first week of group lessons in Aspena, I was still not confident snowboarding until I took another week's worth of lessons to be more fluid and less scared. Had it not been for these lessons, then I too would still be snowboarding the same way and hooning down the slopes thinking I was the bees-knees, when in fact, I wasn't.