Arriving at Liberia airport

Discussion in 'Costa Rica' started by mum&paps, Sep 3, 2015.

1. mum&paps

mum&paps New Member

Liberia airport is not right in Liberia. The airport is about 15-20 minutes west of Liberia itself. The roads from Liberia airport to the Arenal area are in good condition. If you plan to hire a car, it takes around 3 hours from Liberia to the Arenal area. I'd say though that if your flight arrives after 2 pm, it is best to spend the night in the area - or drive part of the way and spend the night in Canas. I wouldn't suggest driving all 3 hours after dark.

2. supasupa

supasupa New Member

Arriving Liberia LIR airport

I traveled to Costa Rica a couple of years ago and the process for arrivals was 1)passport control 2)buggage collection 3)customs. when going towards passport control (they call it migracion) you will find two queues: one says No Residentes (non-citizens) and another queue that says Residentes (citizens). After collecting your bags, you will go through customs which is where you turn over your customs form.

3. eurostarr

eurostarr New Member

Liberia airport $29 departure tax

If you can try and land at Liberia Airport. Compared to San Jose Airport it is a breeze going through security. When you depart don't forget about the $29 departure tax. Give yourself enough time to pay this and fill out your form.

4. IKnowCostaRica

IKnowCostaRica New Member

If you're arriving to LIR, contact LAR Transportes. They are the best option. Read up on their services on Trip Advisor. You'll be glad you did.