aruba rental

Discussion in 'Aruba' started by gurum, Mar 24, 2009.

1. gurum

gurum New Member

Hi there, what'd you think is the best and cheap way to get around in Aruba? i'm looking at car rental option but not sure how much it'd work out.
    Thanks

2. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

Hi there,

Local buses is by far the cheapest way to get around in Aruba offering many convenient stops so, I would recommend this way if you want to keep within a budget. Prices start at around $2 return tickets and make sure you have the right change before you board.

The buses run each half hour from Monday to Saturday 6 a.m. until 6 p.m. They also run on Sunday running each hour.

The routes are between San Nicholas and the resorts along the beach on the north-west coast with stops in Oranjestad.

Hope this helps
    VacationBuddy

3. aroundtheworld

aroundtheworld New Member

Rent a car, is more flexible. The island is very small so you can't possible get lost. From Oranjestaad to San Nicolaas is just a straight road. From end to end is about 45 minutes, and car rentals are very cheap. About $60 for 3 days, I went with the smaller car rental company.

4. shubhranshu

shubhranshu New Member

While you may opt to get around to restaurants and nightclubs by taxi, many have discovered that Aruba's bus system is efficient, easy to use and quite affordable. The bus runs frequently between the main bus station in downtown Oranjestad and the entire hotel strip. Car rentals are available, but most people prefer to rent a 4-wheel drive jeep because Aruba's terrain can be rugged in remote areas. Luxurious motorcoach tours are also available that will pick you up at your hotel. Because of Aruba's fine weather, a terrific way to get around is to rent a small motorcycle or scooter, or even a Harley!