Atlantis hotel Bahamas

Discussion in 'Bahamas' started by dagalge, Nov 2, 2010.

1. dagalge

dagalge New Member

i am looking for unbiased reviews on Atlantis hotel Bahamas..is it what it is cracked up to be? what can you do, what rooms are best, food, etc? thanks in advance!

2. Danny

Danny Moderator

I spent two weeks at the Atlantis hotel Bahamas with my girlfriend and stayed in the Royal Towers which is a very expensive room but worth every penny.

There are lots to do at the resort and we spent most days enjoying the water park, the swimming pools, trips to the beach and tours.

The tours were the cool part of our vacation. We visited dolphin cove to swim among dolphins, and enjoyed scuba diving lessons another day.

I have to say that food is very expensive at the resort restaurant and not worth the money you pay so it's best you order room service, as you'll find it'll be cheaper.

3. lucy2561

lucy2561 New Member

Went there 2 years ago, although was reluctant at first I found a really good deal on tigerhotels.co.uk and so I was lured into going by my husband.

Such a good hotel. We did bed and breakfast which I recommend because the breakfast buffet had everything from cereals, eggs, fruit to pizza, Chinese and Indian!

The pool was very nice, slightly cold- but that was fine considering it is very hot there.

Only thing I'd say is watch out for the beaches- we often found jellyfish washed up on the shore!!

4. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

I was going to ask this very question! I see commercials for Atlantis all the time, so I figure they must be pretty huge if they can afford to run TV commercials. Was the bed-and-breakfast plan a good deal? It's probably nice because you can take the stress away of having to pay extra. Do they also have all-inclusive packages?

I know that as Bahamas resorts go, Atlantis is the biggest and the most famous. It sounds like it might be the best, too.

5. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

My dad's company goes to Atlantis every year and everyone loves it. They work really hard to earn the trip as a reward in the spring. There are a number of Atlantis vacation packages that offer a lot of perks and value.

6. krainey

krainey New Member

I agree with mitraveler -- there's definitely plenty of great value in the Atlantis vacation packages, which doesn't come as a big surprise, considering that in general the Bahamas vacation packages are quite a good deal. I had some friends stick to a really strict budget on a trip there too, and pretty successfully -- they planned out what luxuries they could fit into their Atlantis budget, and when they were concerned about going over, they just went a short distance from the resort grounds for cheaper meals or drinks, which made a good balance with still getting to stay at the resort they wanted.

7. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

@Krainey That's a great thought...Atlantis is close to so many things to do, that you're not stuck doing everything that the resort. That's quite an advantage to staying about Atlantis actually. Paradise Island has a lot to offer all close by.

8. Bantonman

Bantonman New Member

review of Atlantis hotel in Bahamas

I can tell you an unbiased view of this hotel..If you are thinking about staying at this hotel, think again. It is very overpriced, overrated, and overcrowded.You can stay across the street at the comfort inn for a fraction of the price and still use Atlantis pools for free.