Attractions in Langkawi

Discussion in 'Malaysia' started by Mood-moon, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Mood-moon

Mood-moon New Member

Me & my family (3 adults) expect to have a vacation for 2 weeks in Malaysia some time mid June and want to know the top attractions in Langkawi? thanks

2. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

Langkawi is one of the fav places in Malaysia. You will find there Underwater World where you can see lots of marine life like giants rayas, and coral gardens.

Island-hopping is something else you can't miss doing in Langkawi! There are boat tours that will take you to beautiful islands such as Pulau Beras Basah with lush mountains and jungle areas, Pulau Dayang Bunting and Pulau Singa Besar where you will be able to enjoy swimming and snorkeling.

3. Amydiaz11

Amydiaz11 New Member

Langkawi has many tourist attractions and one of the most popular attractions is the cable car and sky bridge. You can get more info on this from Wikipedia.. Lonely planet is also a great source..

My personal experience to South East Asia is limited as I haven't traveled that far. But if you ask anything about England I can help more. After collecting American airways free ticket letter i had traveled to England last November, never could i forget the trip!

When are you traveling by the way? Share your experience after the travel, I would also love to go there..

Thanks
    Have a nice time!

4. asiatravelcafe

asiatravelcafe New Member

Totally agreed on that...you need 5 days to explore the whole of Langkawi as they had quite a lot to offer actually...

5. moer2237

moer2237 New Member

A must visit for Langkawi will be the cable car & sky bridge. The cable car in Langkawi is the steepest in the world! The sky bridge offers a fantastic view 708meter above sea level.

A part from this two you might want to drop by The Maiden Island (Pulau Dayang Bunting) which offers a nice fresh water lake on an island.

All the best!

6. bbrian

bbrian New Member

There is the Under Water world, Seven Wells Waterfall, Lagenda Park, Laman Padi and ofcourse the greatest ever Cable car ride!

7. ukinsurance

ukinsurance New Member

I have always associated Lankawi with that giant cable ride, under water world comes next.

8. brayden lyle

brayden lyle New Member