Australia Travel

Discussion in 'Australia' started by meemee, May 21, 2007.

1. meemee

meemee New Member

Hi there! I'm pretty new here and am quite a *newbie* in forums. My fiance were planning our honeymoon and being in the states we just wanted to try something new for once. We'd like to plan a trip out to Australia for a week or so but the prices are up there. Any chance anyone would know how to score cheaper tickets? or possibly a better airport to fly into? We're looking at Nov/Dec. Please help.

2. ausd

ausd New Member

Where will you be flying out of?

3. meemee

meemee New Member

We're actually from Riverside California. We assumed it'd be best to fly out of LAX. Any tips?

4. ausd

ausd New Member

Yeah, I'd recommend an airport like LAX. Definitely a bit more options in carriers. Maybe give Air Pacific a try or Qantas. Though, you know that you'd be going just as their summer season is about to start, meaning the prices are a bit higher.

Since you're going on your honeymoon you may want to look into a travel package with a travel agent. Unless you like the freedom of planning your own trip but that could be one way to save yourself some bucks.

It's too bad you're not planning your honeymoon during the US summer months. June-August is Australia's winter and is generally a better time to fly there. It's not extremely cold like Alaska but hey if you can handle the average low of about 46 degrees at night, you'd be ok!

On the plus side, if you do go to Australia toward December you'll be able to catch their festivals and outdoor events.

5. everyann

everyann Guest

It's too bad your honeymoon is so late in the year. I'd say go on an early honeymoon! ha, but hey. either way congrats!