Australian outback tours from Sydney

Discussion in 'Australia' started by wanderer, Mar 5, 2012.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Australia is a big place, I know, but how easy it to start Australian outback tours from Sydney? How long does it take to get there? What's the best way to get there?

2. Nofear333

Nofear333 New Member

I think Cairns or Sydney are two good starting points in Australia. You will be able to book a ton tours such as outback tours with companies like Outback Spirit or Boomerang Adventures who will take you to the real outback experience.

3. absolutebuff

absolutebuff New Member

start in the northern territory

here it's my suggestion...why not rent a camper van yourself from Melbourne and travel to Darwin? that way you get to drive along the outback in your own van and at your own pace. Believe me, it's more rewarding that way and you'll feel great knowing you did it! Btw, the best time for this would around June month because the weather is not too hot.

4. historyY

historyY New Member

rent a 4X4 type car

a camper van? You can travel much of Australia with a 2WD, but you need to know that conditions of the roads vary with the weather. Even then, I would suggest a 4X4 type car unless you're an experienced driver in Australia because the last thing you want is getting stuck in a road that's not sealed properly!

5. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Excellent! Thanks for the advice. Would you be able to hire a driver? The thought of off-road driving is kinda scary to me. I'm a wus!