Baby panda San Diego Zoo

Discussion in 'California' started by wanderer, Jan 12, 2013.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

What's black, white and roly poly? Yes, it's the newest little panda at the San Diego Zoo. Baby pandas are a rare treat. The endangered animals do not have a lot of babies, and the little ones are just so cute. You can see why this is a special treat. Xiao Liwu was born in July, but he's just now made his public debut at the San Diego Zoo. It's not a surprise that he drew a big cub. Xiao Liwu, whose name means little gift, should be on public display a few hours a day from now on.

2. comandoJon

comandoJon New Member

True that seeing a baby panda is so rare, which is such a pity. I've seen the video of the cute clumsy little panda and Im so jealous of those people who had a chance to see him. For some reason, the San Diego Zoo is always successful at breeding pandas outside of China.

3. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

I'm jealous too! China keeps a tight grip on the panda bear population. Every bear that is in a zoo is actually still property of China (sad to think of them as property, so I'll say a citizen), so the zoos have to jump through a lot of hoops to even have pandas. And it's really hard to breed pandas, but the San Diego Zoo has had some success.

4. onzebronze

onzebronze New Member

The panda cub is already becoming a bit of a celebrity around the world..The San Diego Zoo published a video of him at the start of the weekend, and it's already well on the way to a 1 million views. I hope it becomes more of a sensation than gangnam style (lol)

5. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

I read the baby can be seen from 9:30am to 11:30am daily, weather permitting. Check out the web cam for a look. Mom was chowing down on some bamboo while the baby was off on an exploratory adventure when I tuned in. So cute!! Here's the link. What do you think!!