Bali's new airport

Discussion in 'Indonesia' started by 87juno, Oct 29, 2013.

1. 87juno

87juno New Member

If you didn't know Bali opened not long ago a new airport called Ngurah Rai International Airport. I haven't flown thru this airport yet, though I heard many tourists who are already slighting the airport because of the long queues. Has anyone traveled to Bali via Bali's new airport? What was it like?

2. celonagh

celonagh New Member

Bali's new airport is okay

The new airport was built next door to the old one, which was getting tired and small. The new one can handle now up to 25 million passengers annually and has faster baggage checking facilities. As far as the long queues, what airport doesn't get them? What it is that you have to queue twice (once for paying your visa and for immigration).

3. mum&paps

mum&paps New Member

Re: Bali's new airport is okay

Actually, it's not built next to the old one but was constructed in the place of the old airport. You may be talking about the Juanda airport, which was built on new land. The new airport isn't the problem is more to do with the management and how the run it there.

4. Ihaveseen

Ihaveseen New Member

I have used this airport early last month to visit a friend...there is no public transportation from the airport to the centre. The only mode of transportation is the official airport taxis, who charge a flat fee so they don't use an argometer.