Balloon tours of Mt. Kilimanjaro

Discussion in 'Kenya' started by wanderer, Aug 22, 2012.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

You don't need to be a hiker to reach the peak of Mt. Kilimanjaro. Africa's tallest mountain peak is a wonder to behold. The mountain and surrounding lands are loved by adventurers and wildlife watchers as well as used by local farmers. If you're looking for a different way to explore, what about a hot air balloon tour? Local outfitters can have you floating through the skies for a whole new view of Mt. Kilimanjaro.

2. metropolitanPOL

metropolitanPOL New Member

best tour of Mt. Kilimanjaro

a hot air balloon tour is a cool and quick way to see the summit of Kilimanjaro, though the hike to the top is most rewarding in my opinion. I climbed Kilimanjaro in October last year and had a wonderful experience. I did the Rongai Route, descending via Marangu. I camped for 5 nights and had a blast meeting other hikers on the way. Honestly, for the money you will pay for the hot air balloon, it's best you hire a local guide and do Kilimanjaro the "traditional" way;)

3. 4amigos

4amigos New Member

ballooning Mt. Kilimanjaro

if you can afford it, I'd recommend doing both the climb to the top and a balloon tour because you will get a completely different experience (on a balloon you will get the most gorgeous eye level views of Mount Kilimanjaro ever). Tours of Mt. Kilimanjaro are organized from many locations but the balloon safari tours experienced around Amboseli National Park in Kenya are best because you will get to spot buffalo, zebra and giraffes roaming the park.

4. NokkoValev

NokkoValev New Member

trekking Mt. Kilimanjaro

climbing mt Kilimanjaro is amazing as you ascend you go from various stages of the mountain from rainforest to alpine scenery. Saying this, you really have to be in very good shape to do it. Trust me, don't underestimate the challenge of climbing mt Kilimanjaro because you will be climbing the tallest free standing mountain in the world (higher than Everest base camp)