Bangor, Maine

Discussion in 'Maine' started by prufrock, Nov 14, 2006.

1. prufrock

prufrock New Member

I'm writing a story set in Bangor, Maine. I would like to know what hospitals are in the area.
    What is the nearest hospital to the William Arnold house? How far is it from the hospital to the house? What rivers are nearby? Thanks.

2. prufrock

prufrock New Member

Hi. I'm looking for someone who lives in Bangor, Maine, and knows the city well.
    I'm writing a short story and require specific info about the city. Will greatly appreciate your help. Thanks.

3. world trecker

world trecker New Member

I've passed through Bangor Maine and I've never heard of the William Arnold House. Are you sure you've got that right? I've heard of an Arnold House in Massachussetts and in Ohio, but not Bangor Maine. Correct me if I'm wrong, and let's hope some Bangorians get on here!

4. prufrock

prufrock New Member

It' s writer Stephen King's house.

5. joe

joe Guest

prufrock is right, Stephen King's house is locally known as the William Arnold House.

I believe the three main hospitals are the Eastern Maine Medical Center, the St. Joseph Hospital, and The Acadia Hospital. I also believe they're all about equi-distant from the William Arnold House (~2-3 miles). The Penobscot River is the primary river that runs through the city. There may be smaller ones but I don't know of them. Hope this helps!

6. prufrock

prufrock New Member

Thanks, joe. Very helpful.
    prufrock

7. world trecker

world trecker New Member

Yeah thanks for making me look like a chump, Joe!

8. Hank Freid

Hank Freid New Member

I read all users very deeply. But believe that there three main hopitals are in the Eastern Maine. And i know that believe they're all about equi-distant from the William Arnold House.