Barcelona to Perpignan

Discussion in 'Spain' started by packngo3, Aug 30, 2011.

1. packngo3

packngo3 New Member

Hi there. Was wondering if anyone had any tips relating to the best way to get from Barcelona to Perpignan. Am trying to plan a vacation in the general region and would like to spend some time in these two destinations. I'd prefer not to drive, so I guess I'm wondering if a train or a bus would be better. I don't think I'm getting any sort of rail pass, so maybe the bus is the way to go?

2. leadko1

leadko1 New Member

You can get from Barcelona to Perpignan by train, bus or car rental. The train to Perpignan from Barcelona takes about 2.5 hours and costs about 45 euros ($60). You can get tickets from Barcelona Franca station, which is where the train departs to Perpignan. Saying this, you can also get tickets in advance though don't get them from Renfe.es as it's as confusing as driving a Formula 1 car! If you're coming from the US should use Rail Europe instead to have your tickets delivered to your home address.

The bus to Perpignan is a bit cheaper costing 35 euros but it takes about 3.5 hours. You can catch the bus from both Sants and Nord bus stations.