Barrigada Guam hotel and vacation details

Discussion in 'Guam' started by georgex, Jun 10, 2008.

1. georgex

georgex New Member

hello all,

we are planning a 7-day trip to Guam with 6 people, 3 of them are teenagers.please advise on the following:

1. affordable Barrigada Guam hotel which is located minutes from the shopping and sights?

2. do we need to rent a car to visit sights or any day tours available?

3. where is Tumon Bay located?

4. good restaurants to taste the authentic Guam island food?

many thanks.

2. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

I suggest you check the Guam Hotels to get an idea.

Barrigada is a small village located in central Guam. Renting a car is quite convenient, so better rent a car and driving through various locations for sight seeing, diving or fishing, even surfing and golf. Dinner cruises are approx. 2-hour drive from Barrigada.

Barrigada Heights is a popular place and an excellent view of Tumon Bay can be enjoyed from here. You can take wonderful photos of Tumon Bay to the West or the ocean to the East.

hope this would help!!!

3. robs59

robs59 New Member

I have visited Guam on my way back from the Philippines. I had 24-hour stopover there, so I simply enjoyed by walk around the beach,eat and rest.I haven't rented a car but renting a car in Guam is not a bad idea but it will be more than $45 per day. I think bike renatl is a good idea to get around, bikes can be hired from shops or hotels in Tumon Bay. But if you opt for walking then it will be very good, you can enjoy all places inch by inch. Guam weather is always warm year around. So it is a good idea to use a sun screen always when you are in Guam.

4. missy

missy New Member

teenagers, don't miss Tarza water park which is one of the best things to do during your Guam island trip. It's a wonderful water park and we had a wonderful time on water slides and the lazy river. Plan your summer camp there it's really well worth taking. :)