beach vacation in February

Discussion in 'Beaches' started by SmokyRocky, Dec 28, 2010.

1. SmokyRocky

SmokyRocky New Member

im planning a short getaway (10 days) in February and I wanted to hear some suggestions on nice beach vacation spots to go to this Feb..thanks.

Happy Holidays!

2. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

I can think of a few great places to enjoy a beach vacation in Feb.

In the US:
    - Florida Keys
    - Big Island, Hawaii

In Mexico
    - Tulum
    - Playa del Carmen

In Caribbean
    - Trinidad & Tobago
    - Aruba

3. jackbenny

jackbenny New Member

Totally depends on what you're looking for. I would recommend Rivera Maya over Cancun, close enough to the action but away from all the fighting and tourists puking in the streets.

Montego Bay is just like Cancun, the better place in Jamaica is Ocho Rios, the Renaissance was very nice. But I think the Bahamas was the best, I stayed at the Radisson on Cable Beach, gorgeous and had a great time.

If you want to go somewhere with some friends and go nuts, Cancun is way better the Montego Bay.

4. lttleOnes

lttleOnes New Member

Yes, the fighting and tourists puking in the streets happens normally during the dreaded spring break season when hundreds of "wild" american kids flock to Cancun and the caribbean. Unfortunetly, you cannot do anything about this, which is why I always suggest people to avoid spring break, unless of course you're a fan of debauchery and "wild teens".