beach vacation in late January or February

Discussion in 'Beaches' started by ebachpakl, Jan 9, 2013.

1. ebachpakl

ebachpakl New Member

hello everyone! I would like to take a nice beach vacation sometime in late January or February. My ideal beach vacation spot would have white sandy beaches, great nightlife, sun-kissed weather, crystal water, small crowds, ton of amenities and great vibe. Any can think of other vacation spots aside from Florida and Mexico?

2. K.Pavlik

K.Pavlik New Member

hey there, what's your budget? and do you want somewhere in the US or you dont mind? I would suggest then heading to the Caribbean since, from the east coast, it's only a short direct flight. Other than that, how about Key West FL...they have lots of nice resorts and the atmosphere there is superb;)

3. flunkJr

flunkJr New Member

beach vacation in Rio

if you're looking at getting away somewhere in the US, January and Feb won't be the best months for a hot beach holiday. The only places that are great are Florida and further south like Mexico but you say other than Florida and Mexico. Brazil and Argentina are good options, especially Rio in Feb because of Rio's carnival, which is just mind blowing...

4. d360

d360 Administrator

5. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

If you're staying in the US for a beach vacation, Florida is going to have the best temperatures. I'm on the west coast and we're running 80 degrees all week and into the 70s next week through the end of the month. Feb could be a little cooler. The St. Petersburg/Clearwater area has everything you're looking for as does the Sarasota/Bradenton area. Here are some pics to give you an idea.

6. vuional

vuional New Member

weather in southern ca in january

how about southern cali? Some of our most beautiful days of the year come in January and winter, though it is still technically SoCal's rainy season. Saying this, the good thing about southern cali is that the day after it rains rain you always get crystal clear weather and blue skies. At this time of the year, you can expect on average the weather to be in the high 70's during the day and low 40's at night.

7. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Did you get to take your vacation? After the winter most of us had had, this would be a great change of pace. I know I've joked about wanting to get in the car and drive as far south as possible, which I think would be Key West. :)