beach vacation in Spain

Discussion in 'Beaches' started by DonLomar, Mar 18, 2011.

1. DonLomar

DonLomar New Member

hello, we'd like to getaway this June to Spain for a cheap beach vacation without thrills! I hear Spain's costas are beautiful with many beach spots..any ideas where we should head in Spain to find great beaches?

2. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

Good all Spain..I've been there a few times and had the chance to spend a few days in beautiful Palma. One thing that stroke me was the amazing luxury hotels and resorts, and the plethora of restaurants and bars, and tons of entertainment.

The nightlife in Palma is second to none and actually revolves around Mallorca beaches, so even if you are eating, relaxing at your resort or shopping, the water is never far away.

Puerto Alcudia, Ca’n Picafort, and Playa de Muro are some of the best beaches in Mallorca, located on the west end of the island near Alcudia.

3. PeetMarwick

PeetMarwick New Member

4. hasan29

hasan29 New Member

Spain has over 5,000 miles of coastline, much of which is graced with beautiful beaches. Though the tourists flock to the Costa Blanca and the Costa del Sol, there are beautiful beaches all over Spain. San Sebastian is a chic coastal city with excellent Pintxos (the Basque name for tapas) and one of the nicest beaches you'll ever get in a city.

5. AgnesRiley

AgnesRiley New Member

While Palma is a great destination, when I was there (in June a couple of years back) there were a lot of kids from senior trips, so I found it a bit more hectic than I would have liked. If that sort of thing doesn't bother you, I say go for it, but Malaga and Alicante are also great destinations and not nearly as chaotic, I find.

6. toursitaly

toursitaly New Member

There are about 5,000 miles of coastline over Spain. La Concha Beach is the best beach and the Blue Flag Beach is next to it in Spain.

7. Ellen_zoneth

Ellen_zoneth New Member

Spain is wonderful destination to visit in vacation holidays. There are many attractive locations for its visitors. There are many beautiful and enjoyable beaches like Playa del Silencio, Asturias
    Ses Illetes, Formentera, Balaeric Islands
    La Barrosa, Chiclana de la Frontera, Cádiz
    Beaches of Sitges, Catalonia near Barcelona
    Tarifa, Andalusia
    Nerja, Costa del Sol, Andalusia
    La Concha, San Sebastian
    Gandia, Costa Brava,
    Playa de Las Catedrales, Galicia - The best beach in Galicia etc… These all are fabulous beaches for vacation holidays.

8. mykebob

mykebob New Member

Spain is my favorite destination to enjoy and relaxation. I always prefer this place because there are many sites and places to visit. There are many world class beaches and all of them have incredible beauty and atmosphere. I will prefer La Concha Beach which is famous for its landscape and view.

9. basilwebtech

basilwebtech New Member

Spain has over 5,000 miles of coastline, much of which is graced with beautiful beaches.some of the attracting beaches are San Sebastien in Cantabria,Megaluf Beach, Costilla Beach in Rota and Ses illetes in Formentera.

10. jackbenny

jackbenny New Member

Some of the best clean beaches are on the Atlantic coast between Tarifa and Chiclana.
    There is a fantastic Aldeana hotel near Chiclana. It is right on La Barossa beach, was only built a few years ago and has excellent food. (well it did when I was there!).
    Hire a car to escape from the hotel as snorkelling is never good off a beach. You will need to go to near Trafalgar for rocks.