Beaches in Italy

Discussion in 'Italy' started by caa, Mar 11, 2007.

1. caa

caa New Member

I will be traveling the end of May with my son to Florence for 6 days. After our stay there, we would like to travel to a beach area that would have the best climate and beaches plus other things to do. Any advise would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

2. spycegirl

spycegirl New Member

If you are looking to go to some great beaches, you definitly want to head South of Italy or to Sardegnia.
    If you are heading towards the Amalfi Coast, I can help you arrange it. My company offers tours on the Amalfi Coast.
    Please visit our site at amalfivacations.com and let me know if there is any questions we can answer for you.

3. world trecker

world trecker New Member

How far from Florence can you go or would you be willing to go (or is there no limit)? There is a great little resort area in between Rome and Florence (about 1-2 hours from each) called Sperlonga that I was told to hit up and am glad I did. They have a great beach area and then a contrasting medieval area of town that could keep your son from getting too bored.

End of May should be a great time, weather-wise. The only problem you might run into will be crowds, because the tourism will start picking up (because it's so nice out...kind of a vicious circle).

4. seashore villa

seashore villa New Member

Dear Sir,
    I've nice apartaments by the sea in Ortona town (abruzzo - Italy). If you want to know more and watch some pictures, please mail to: vienialmare@yahoo.it