Beaches near Jacksonville North Carolina

Discussion in 'North Carolina' started by Vicolette, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Travelers to Jacksonville, North Carolina looking for beaches have two nearby choices. Topsail Beach is approximately 33 miles from the city and Emerald Isle is a 30-mile drive from Jacksonville. Both beaches offer miles of white sandy beach, hotel accommodations, and restaurants. An advantage at Emerald Isle is its proximity to Croatan National Forest and Cape Lookout National Seashore where you can go boating, camp, fish, and hike. The barrier islands along North Carolina’s coast offer plenty of fun-filled locations for singles and families.

2. sleepygiant

sleepygiant New Member

best beach near Jacksonville NC

I think the best secluded and pristine beach from Jacksonville has to be Hammocks Beach State Park on Bear Island. You can only get there by boat but the little ferry ride is great! The park office and ferry dock are east of Jacksonville near the town of Swansboro, though the ferry isn't operational now since it's off-season.

I guarantee that you will love it there...just bring your tent and camp out at one of the many sites near the beach where you can spot Bottlenose dolphins.

3. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

There are so many great beaches along the coast. Of course if they weren't along the coast, they wouldn't be beaches. But I digress...this article has a great overview of the various North Carolina beaches.