best airport to land in thailand

Discussion in 'Thailand' started by bonitaguapa, Jun 16, 2011.

1. bonitaguapa

bonitaguapa New Member

Anyone knows which airport is best to land for international travelers. I think I'm looking at cheapest but if you know of a better reason let me know too. Btw, I dont have a problem flying into Indonesia or another country first as long as its cheaper..

2. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

Most of the international flights land at Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport so, this airport will be the best one as far as finding regular and inexpensive flights.

There are some discount airlines such as Philippine Airlines that fly from Manila to Thailand, though it'll only work out cheaper if you're coming from somewhere else in Asia. Otherwise, if you're from the UK or US, your best bet is to get a direct flight to Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Im seeing very good deals to Thailand at the moment, if you're in the process of comparing prices, you may find useful using Destination360's flight compare tool

3. Elle

Elle New Member

For sure best is Koh Samui.. Only small problem with it, it's maybe most expensive airport land on whole asia.

4. jimmyson778

jimmyson778 New Member

landing in thailand

It depends where you're coming from, I think if you come from the US or Europe you will be most likely landing at Bangkok, Suvarnabhumi Airport. You could also look to book a flight Manila and from there to Bangkok if you want to save money, but it's a bit of trek.

If you choose this way, check your connection times, weight allowances and what time you'll be landing because if you are landing in Thailand in the middle of the night you may have to pay for a full night in a hotel if your connecting flight is in the morning.

5. TBH Thailand

TBH Thailand New Member

Which airport you should land at will mostly depend on where you are going. Phuket has an international airport, Bangkok of course has the international Suvarnabhumi airport and Koh Samui has an airport. Other locations with airports such as Chiang Mai, Krabi etc are all domestic airports. If you land in Bangko for example and get a connecting flight to Phuket as apposed to flying straight to Phuket, the connecting flight might or might not make your air travel cheaper, all depends which airline is offering what at the moment you book your flight. Between Koh Samui and Bangkok you can only fly Bangkok Airways and Thai Airways as far as I know. Bangkok Airways should be the cheapest option here.

6. gecko

gecko New Member

Do be aware that if flying in to Bangkok, there are two airports: the main international hub, Suwwanabhumi, and the old airport Don Muang. From 6th April 2012, Nok Air will operate its flights out of Don Muang, so be aware that if transferring from an international flight through Bangkok, a flight departing from Suwwanabhumi is an easier choice to avoid having to transfer from the main airport to Don Muang (leave 2 hours.)

7. jeffreyty002

jeffreyty002 New Member

I have to agree that it depends on when you're coming from. It's either Suvarnabhumi Airport or the old one Don Muang.