best and cheap way to get around Italy

Discussion in 'Italy' started by 4htdf, Sep 28, 2010.

1. 4htdf

4htdf New Member

Hello everyone!

Im going to Italy next year, so Im going to be traveling to a few different cities and I would like to know some cheap ways to travel!

Is public trans system good and what is the best and cheap way to get around Italy?

thanks

2. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

Overall, transportation is efficient and smooth in Italy and you'll be using both buses and trains to get around, as well as domestic flights.

I'd say train travel in Italy is the best and quickest way to get where you need to. The train schedules are easy enough to figure out but do check what the type of train you are taking and you'll be fine.

Also, not sure about your level of Italian but it'll be good idea you familiarise yourself with the language to make it easier for yourself.

And, be sure to validate your train ticket as there is a fine if you don't, and it'll cost you!

3. jamith26

jamith26 New Member

Trains and buses are the best options. But if you don't afraid to rent a car and take a road trip to some of the more out of the way locations or just to be on your own time schedule.......!

4. jessicasmith379

jessicasmith379 New Member

I would recommend hiring a car, but from experience the bus's are fine, but within Rome they are VERY crouded .
    Good luck