Best beaches Florida Keys

Discussion in 'Beaches' started by wanderer, Nov 2, 2013.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Pop quiz! No, not really, but I'd love to hear your opinion about the best beaches in the Florida Keys. I just talked to a friend who was raving about the resort beaches at Little Palm Island...well that and everything else. That got me thinking about the Florida Keys beaches. Besides Little Palm Island, what else is good?

2. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Re: Best snorkeling beaches Keys

Since I'm already asking about beaches, what about the best snorkeling beaches in the Florida Keys? I've heard people mention Zachary Taylor State Park...any ideas about some of the other good ones? Where you have you gone snorkeling? Which Florida Keys beaches do you like?

3. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

4. 1stplace

1stplace New Member

John Pennekamp park is best beach in the Keys

I second John Pennekamp park! You can do glass bottom boat rides and snorkeling trips out to a reef and see tropical fish and sea turtles and sharks. Bahia Honda State Park has a also a great beach and you can enjoy incredible views of the ocean from there!

5. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Those all sound great! I've hard that Bahai Honda is pretty cool, but John Pennekamp is not on my radar. You have to love a place that is named for a coral reef. I have heard that Key Largo is the place to go when you want outdoor adventure.