Best caribbean island for honeymoon?

Discussion in 'Caribbean Islands' started by luky7, Dec 12, 2012.

1. luky7

luky7 New Member

It would be really useful to get some first-hand advice on the best place to go on honeymoon in the Caribbean. I am looking for advice on nice honeymoon vacation spots in the Caribbean. Ideally I would want to be somewhere that is not too crowded and built up, with pristine beaches, good amenities and accomodation options. I haven't been to the Caribbean before so I would really appreciate some recommendations and suggestions.

2. bongoDas

bongoDas New Member

honeymoon in Cuba

Aside from Cuba, I would say that the rest of the Caribbean islands are very similar, though I think all of them are great candidates for a honeymoon vacation since they're pretty similar in many respects. A honeymoon in Cuba would be one of the best places because Cuba has such a unique feel and the island has a genuine romantic quality about it. Also, Cuba boasts some of the most underrated beaches in the Caribbean.

3. Clamedio

Clamedio New Member

Best caribbean island

I wouldn't say that all caribbean islands are alike, even though they all have the typical caribbean flair to them. If you ask me, where you go for honeymoon in the caribbean depends on your tastes and things you want to do. For example, Barbados, Aruba and the Bahamas are kinda Americanized an Britishized for my taste. Cuba is ok to visit but I cant really see Cuba being a great honeymoon spot.

4. Zpacd

Zpacd New Member

best place for honeymoon

Many honeymooners go to Dom Rep for their honeymoon but I cant see much of a romance there because it is very touristy, expensive and crowded in my opinion. Bonaire is great if you want to do lots of diving and enjoy a relaxing vacation. The only thing about Bonaire is that it hasn't got many amenities. My top recommendation is Curacao, though, because it has best of both worlds...nice choice of hotels, not too crowded, beautiful beaches and not too expensive.

5. Cassius

Cassius New Member

got married in caribbean

I would go to Antigua for a honeymoon since the island is the wedding capital of the Caribbean and it's such a lovely place. Most couples who look to get married in the caribbean or enjoy a romantic time go to Antigua because of the tons of romantic hotels, beaches and overall vibe.

The US Virgin Islands. St Thomas, St John and St Croix are also very popular spots, especially among US citizens since they dont passports to go there (how cool is that!).

6. SamuelReed

SamuelReed New Member

Nothing can soothe the stress of wedding planning like warm Caribbean breezes, silky sand, and sky-blue water.These are some Caribbean destinations to celebrate your nuptials:
    1.Anguilla
    2.St. Lucia
    3.Martinique
    4.Antigua

7. d360

d360 Administrator