best cruise line for Alaska cruise

Discussion in 'Cruises' started by timdon, Oct 7, 2010.

1. timdon

timdon New Member

Planning ahead - my husband and I have are in our 50's and never been on a cruise, but would like to go to Alaska in November. We would appreciate hearing from you and your experiences and recommendations.

2. Danny

Danny Moderator

I've been to Alaska twice on Princess Cruise and it was a fantastic trip! They had good service, good shows and lots of fun things to do.

One thing I can say about an Alaska cruise is that as long as it doesn't rain you'll enjoy it. The rain can spoil things because excursion trips can get canceled.

Departing points for cruises to Alaska are plentiful. You can leave out of Seattle or Vancouver or Seward.

3. The Travel Slut

The Travel Slut 6 continents, 87 countries & 64 cruises so far

1st, you are in for treat being that your 1st cruise will be Alaska however,

2nd,,,usually there are no cruises in November as all the ships have re-positioned to the Caribbean for the winter,.The season is usually late April/early May to mid-late September.

I've only cruised twice in Alaska...once on Regent (northbound) and once on Holland America (southbound) and I much preferred Regent.and being a smaller ship, both disembarkations were easier as was the manuvering around the bays and inlets and getting close to the glaciers.

You can't go wrong with any of the big basic 3 lines--- Princess, RCL, Celebrity,